Monday, June 1, 2015

Update on "Beware of Greeks"

It's been almost two months since I announced the book deal I signed with Amberjack Publishing for my novel, Beware of Greeks. You may be wondering where things stand. So, here's a quick update. Let me start by saying that we are still slated for release on November 1st. I've been working diligently with my editor, Cherrita Lee, on the first round of edits. Never having worked with a professional editor before, I really had no idea what to expect. Would her editing simply consist of grammatical and spelling errors or did the editor playing a bigger role? I just didn't know.

As I soon learned, Cherrita wasn't just there to correct my numerous spelling errors. Her job is far more than that. She is there to help me hone the novel by pointing out small plot points that might not really work well in the scheme of the story, or point out gapping holes in the story that need plugging up before publishing. Cherrita has been a great help in making suggestions, and providing guidance. I proud to say that Beware of Greeks will be a much better book because of her efforts.

She's been through the book with her "editing pen" once so far. I've made numerous adjustments and changes based on her feedback. Now, she is reviewing those changes, and digging in for a second round of edits. The process has been quite enlightening for me. It has definitely helped me become a better writer.

On another front, in preparation of the new book's release, I have been busy working on a new website, which will go live later this summer. My blog will be migrated there, and it will be my new home on the internet. Stay tuned for an update on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment