Saturday, January 31, 2015

Penny pinching at Walmart? Not on these items.

I don't do a lot of shopping at Walmart. It's not because I think shopping there is beneath me or because I have some altruistic believe that the massive shopping behemoth is out to crush small businesses, or anything like that. There simply isn't a Walmart close by my house that is worth going to. The best one is at least fifteen to twenty minutes away. Having said that, I am aware that Walmart has really good prices on a lot of stuff.

For those who like to pinch pennies (and who doesn't try to save money these days), Walmart is always a good option. Well, according to a recent article from Kiplinger, you should take a step back when shopping for some items at Walmart, and rethink your purchasing strategy.

Kiplinger did some comparison shopping, and found eleven items that you can get cheaper elsewhere. Among them were toys and games, organic milk, brand name diapers, and more. Kiplinger found places like Amazon, Trader Joes, and wholesale clubs like Costco and BJs to offer better prices on a number of items.

To read the whole article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment