Saturday, May 25, 2013

Michael, where art thou?

For those of you who may have been wondering why I haven't published any new books recently, let me fill you in.  So, I previously posted that the first draft of my new book, Synchronicity was done.  This book is a new genre for me, one in which I don't have much experience writing, or even reading.  So, I spent more time writing than I normally do.  I'd write a scene, and then go back and rewrite it, trying to get just the right words to convey my story.  I handed off the draft to my beta reader, who has quite a bit more experience in the supernatural genre than I do.  She sent back some suggestions.  Since then, I have busy making major rewrites on the plot of Synchronicity.  I just finished that a few weeks ago and have sent it off to my beta reader for another peak.  So, that is where the new book stands.  It still needs the usual grammatical/spelling reviews, but I think I have the rough draft which, for the most part, will become the final book.

Now, I'm not the kind of writer who can just sit around on my hands waiting on beta readers.  I'm also in the midst of a new book, tentatively titled, In The Spirit of Things.  This again is in the supernatural genre.  Here is a brief teaser.

Every town has its ghosts, legends, and spooky tales of the unexplained.  In the heartland of Kansas, the small town of Bridgewater Falls seems to have more than its fair share of phantoms.  A preacher, a young man, a soldier, a dreamer, and a con man all come face to face with a supernatural power that lurks in the shadows of the town with devastating results.  Each of five confront a supernatural force that reaches across decades to destroy the hopes and dreams of all of those who live in Bridgewater Falls.

I'm very excited about In the Spirit of Things, and hope to complete it soon.  And, Synchronicity should be ready shortly as well.  I will post more as I get closer to a publication date.  Don't forget that my first three books are still available.  If you have read them, thank you.  If you haven't, you can click here for more information on how to pick up a copy today.


____________________

Black and White and
Dead All Over


Deadlines


The Case Files of
Doyle & McCraken


No comments:

Post a Comment