Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Synchronicity" - My Big Experiment

You may have heard me mention my next project, which is called Synchronicity.  This is a bit of an experiment for me as I am diving into a genre that is unfamiliar to me.  For those who have grown accustomed to my straight forward mystery books, you will probably be a bit surprised.  The new book is more of a supernatural horror.  There is no detective tracking down clues.  

My experiment has become an interesting journey for me.  I did quite a lot differently with this book than with my previous ones.  For starters, I tried using a new software called Scrivener, which I will say was AWESOME.  I also spent quite a bit of time planning and mapping out the story with virtual index cards before beginning the writing process.  This was very different in that with the first three books, I simply sat down and started writing.  I won't say that the index card method was any better or worse than what I did before, but I definitely think it will be something that I do going forward.  

So, I just finished up the writing of Synchronicity this evening while sitting in my hotel room in Buffalo, NY.  Next step is to drop it into Microsoft Word for spelling/grammar checks and formatting.  Then off to beta readers (whom I am still in the process of identifying).  I still need to wrap up the cover artwork, send everything of for proofing.  And then, one final review before putting it on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment